Wednesday, November 22, 2006

THE FABULOUS WORLD OF AMELIE POULIN


From the 31rst October to the 12th November I was in Berlin for visiting friends, for working and participating in training course on "Open Space tecnology". Here you can find some reflections about the city and the course!
About the city I can tell you something, but OST you have to participate in it to fully understand it so I leave you with the message I sent afterwards to my colleagues.

Berlin!
I choose west! I found a cold, calm, friendly, organized city that made me feel at home!
I felt the city breathing and the historical legacy inspiring me. Large avenues. Fusion of modern with old architecture.
The first place I visit was this “bunker” built to defend people from the atomic war. I found it interesting to see this piece of history that was never needed to be used and if it was everyone doubts about its efficiency. Curious, no? From Checkpoint Charlie and concentration camps you do not have only memories as new fascist try to burn down the concentration camp of Sachsenhausen but you can say that Berliners life nowadays seem to be faraway from the hardest moments of german history.
As in any other place in the world there are always many perspectives of the same events! I found curious to meet people to whom the falling of the wall had different meanings and impacts in their lifes!
This city full of sub worlds inside other worlds, seems to make sense altogether.
I got lost in the city as I usually like to do and just merged with its spirit!

Autumm colours, from yellow, to brown and trees letting their fruits fall into the ground.
Many people smiling and the communication happening apart from the language barrier as I don’t speak german.

I understand at that moment and once again that people are the ones who make the difference.

The night life is interesting with typical german pubs and unpredictable places were you can dance traditional european dances, alternative places were you can listen to launching of pure german rock bands (thanks Michael for taking us there!). And after these days I get to the conclusion that I wouldn’ t mind to live there!

Just for the European Citizenship yahoo group, it’s maybe interesting for you to know that I met my dear friend Stefan, you remember him? The german charismatic sense of humour in person! Although our brief meeting it was really enjoyable!

Open Space Technology Training Course in Blossin
Walking around on the streets of Berlin on the 9th, the 10th, the 11th, the 12th of November, seeing you in the corner, hearing your voice… hearing your laugher… No, it’s just somebody else reminding me of you…

On the way to this gathering I lost a plane, during the gathering I started to loose objects and to disconnect definitely from my vague notion of time and reason, I met some of my old phantoms and had nice talks with them, I met the phantom of true freedom and he let me go, I opened some doors that were closed for stupid reasons, I dived deeper in my inner lake and I found my treasures…
I got closer to you or maybe not as much as I wanted or was possible but that makes me believe that people don’t meet by chance and we’ll be connected somehow!…

In Berlin I lost my bank card in a bancomat! On my way back to Italy my luggage didn’t arrive, inside there was my Italian phone and the keys of my house in Calabria.
But I easily managed to enter in my house and a bird flied through the open window, and looked at me while searching for the way out!
In Portugal we say that when we loose something is because we didn’t really want to leave the place. And when a street bird enters your house it’s announcing good news!

This just tell me that:
You were all the right people!
Whatever happened it was what each and everyone needed!
It’s not over!
And whenever something else will happen is absolutely the right time!

5 months ago I initiated the longest open space of my life coming to the South of Italy in search for myself, my true beliefs, answers, and a new world!
I still don’t know exactly what kind of animal I am but I don’t think it’s important anylonger… For the moment I just enjoy the ride…Thanks for being part of it!…

No comments: